GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR HEALTH FACILITIES IN THE PHILIPPINES
Derived from: Administrative Order No. 2012-0012
Rules and Regulations .Governing the New Classification of Hospitals and Other Health Facilities in the Philippines (Effective: August 18, 2012)
1. All hospitals duly licensed by DOH shall be deemed automatically accredited by Phil Health as Centers of Safety in accordance with A.D. No. 2011-D020 entitled “Streamlining of Licensure and Accreditation of Hospitals”.
2. All hospitals shall provide basic hospital functions such as, but not limited to, acute medical and surgical services, anesthesia services, emergency and outpatient services, nursing service, dental service, with common diagnostic and support units as pathology, radiology, and pharmacy.
3. All hospitals and other health facilities shall adhere and ensure strict compliance to infection control and surveillance practices.
4. All hospitals and other health facilities shall have non-medical support such as, but not limited to, administrative and finance section, medical records section, information management, dietary (for in-patients) services, facility management and maintenance, waste management and security services.
5. All hospitals and other health facilities shall establish a referral network within the vicinity of their facilities to provide for services where they are not capable to render.
6. The name of the institution shall be compatible with the functional capacity of the health facility. All health facilities regulated by DOH applying for Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and/or Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) registration shall undergo clearance from BHFS. [Example: A clinic cannot be called a medical center under these rules and regulations.]
7. Health facility owners shall strictly follow the standards, criteria and requirements prescribed in the Assessment Tool for licensure or accreditation of health facilities subject to the provisions of Rule IX hereof.
8. All DOH licensed hospitals shall follow A.O. No. 2011 – 0020 on “Streamlining of Licensure and Accreditation of Hospitals”, A.O. No. 2007 – 0021 regarding “Harmonization and Streamlining of the Licensure System for Hospitals”, this Order and other policy guidelines and/or related issuances.
9. All DOH licensed non-hospital based health facilities subject to the provisions rof other Administrative Orders shall follow the appropriate health facility issuance, this Order and other policy guidelines and/or related issuances.